crazyguyonabike 
Topic: Bicycle Touring [change]
About  Help  FAQ  Sitemap  Options  Sponsors  Donate 

LONG DISTANCE ADVENTURE CYCLING CHALLENGES IN ASIA - Lifetime cycling achievements: 7 exciting, supported, 1 week Asian challenges e.g. Hanoi to Bangkok.
www.gomaddogs.com

The Appalachian Cycleways Network (ACN) - Back-roads routes through the Appalachian region for independent, experienced touring cyclists
www.crazyguyonabike.com

Free Trial Adventure Cycling Membership - Never been a member? For a limited time click here for a FREE trial 6-month trial membership.
www.adventurecycling.org

Europe Bike Tours & Barge Bike Tours - Family operated & online since 1999, we offer personally vetted bike tours all over Europe and Asia.
www.tripsite.com

Home  My  Journals*  Articles*  Forums*  Reviews*   Resources  Classifieds*  Serendipity  Ratings*  Directory  Search  Website
First Prev Next Last (page 1 of 1) Page 1

Reviews: Sleeping bags

View thread: Chronological Nested

View forum: Messages Threads

Jag Bag silk liner
Rating: ****_ 
By Robert Ewing on Mon 1 Oct 2012 14:04 (US/Pacific) Edit Delete   Reply   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
There have been several reviews of silk sleeping bag liners so here’s one more. I have been using the same Jag Bag Endura Deluxe silk liner since 2009 and used it every night on tour, even in motels with questionable hygiene. It has had lots of use and helped me endure sub-freezing nights in my 40F bag. One note is my liner was sewn by Jackie Gardiner the original owner in New Zealand. She has since retired and sold the company to Paul Roberts of Terra Vista Trails in Scotland. Paul claims to use the exact same silk and construction techniques.

As is my tendency with sewn bike gear I have hacked my Jag Bag a bit to make it easier to get in and out of. The Velcro scheme I used to mate the liner to my bag didn’t work so well night after night on tour so stay tuned for my next try.

Relation | Bookmark | Edit | | Report | Link
Click here for a larger version of the picture

Ready for sleep!

Image on article page: Lining up a sleeping bag liner in article The Sewing Circle by Robert Ewing (Work in progress)

First Prev Next Last (page 1 of 1) Page 1

Website Copyright © 2000-2014 by Neil Gunton Sat 25 Oct 2014 04:09 (US/Pacific) (0.054s)      Top    Link    Report    Terms of Service