crazyguyonabike 
Topic: Bicycle Touring [change]
About  Help  FAQ  Sitemap  Options  Sponsors  Donate 

BIKEWIPZ individually wrapped cleaning wipes - Clean, polish, protect frame and components. Mobile! Save weight and space on tour
www.bikewipz.com

Free Trial Adventure Cycling Membership - Never been a member? For a limited time click here for a FREE trial 6-month trial membership.
www.adventurecycling.org

The Appalachian Cycleways Network (ACN) - Back-roads routes through the Appalachian region for independent, experienced touring cyclists
www.crazyguyonabike.com

One-stop Resource for Bike Tours Worldwide - Representing local overseas bike tour companies with 400+ tours in 70 countries. From $700.
www.biketours.com

Home  My  Journals*  Articles*  Forums*   Reviews*  Resources  Classifieds*  Serendipity  Ratings*  Directory  Search  Website
 Post  Polls

First Prev Next Last (page 1 of 1) Page 1

Forum: Power & Charging

Systems for charging and powering our electrical devices - batteries, solar chargers, hub dynamos etc

View thread: Chronological Nested

View forum: Messages Threads

#1: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By Darron Speck on Fri 5 Oct 2012 14:59 (US/Pacific) Edit Delete   Reply (5)   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
Hi
I am looking to get a way to charge my GPS/phone and other bits on tour.

I never seem to be able to get it right. I always think solar power is a waste of my time because I can't seem to get it work consistantly.

Anyway, I saw the NC-17 iphone hub charger. I haven't got an iphone, but it seem to charge most other phones/GPS devices. Has anyone had any experience with these, and what do you think?

Thanks.

#2: Re: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By Al Cyone on Fri 5 Oct 2012 15:22 Edit Delete in reply to #1     Reply   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
For those unfamiliar with this device, here's a link:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=61048

#3: Re: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By Andrew Priest on Sat 6 Oct 2012 03:00 Edit Delete in reply to #1     Reply (1)   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
Going by the image shown at Chainreaction cycles that is a PedalPower+ Super-i-Cable or a modified version of same.

Relation | Bookmark | Edit | | Report | Link
Click here for a larger version of the picture

PedalPower+ Super-i-Cable

My experience with mine, well actually two of them and soon it will be three of them is well documented on my blog at Aushiker.com.

I am in two minds about the PedalPower+ Super-i-Cable at present due to the issues I have had. That said my last issue with the output cable appears to be a "one-off" issue going by Nick at PedalPower+'s comments.

Hopefully my replacement will perform without further issues.

Andrew

#4: Re: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By Al Cyone on Sat 6 Oct 2012 05:14 Edit Delete in reply to #3     Reply   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
"Going by the image shown at Chainreaction cycles that is a PedalPower+ Super-i-Cable or a modified version of same."

Thanks. I had trouble identifying the manufacturer (and it didn't look like it was Chain Reaction Cycles) but the embossed "P" on the device certainly suggests it's made by PedalPower.

#5: Re: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By Chris Zacho on Sat 6 Oct 2012 08:06 Edit Delete in reply to #1     Reply (1)   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
"NC-17"? LOL I have to ask, what other accesories does it "come" with?

#6: Re: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By John Hutchison on Sat 6 Oct 2012 15:00 Edit Delete in reply to #1     Reply   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
I agree that it looks like the Pedal Power Super I Cable. You can read about the accessories here.

I too have one of these. I still have not made up my mind whether I fully trust it yet.

I have written about my most recent use of it here.

The SIC and V4i. In use, I put the V4i in my handlebar bag.

Image on journal page: Dynamo Charging in journal Woodend, Whitfield & Wangaratta: To the North East of Victoria by John Hutchison (Completed Aug 2012)

#7: Re: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By George White on Sun 7 Oct 2012 02:21 Edit Delete in reply to #5     Reply   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
Hi Chris,

I think CRC are taking a slight liberty with the branding as "LC-17" appear to be the distributor. Their own products are all branded "LC-17" - but that is only my impression as not all their site is in English, parts are still in German.

George

#8: Re: NC-17 phone charger from the hub. (thread)
By Aaron Lisco on Sun 7 Oct 2012 09:46 Edit Delete in reply to #1     Reply   Printable Relation | Link | Bookmark | Report
If you want a less bulky as effective method of using your Hub for charging take a look at "The Pug II" by Supernova....USB connection It is smaller lighter and provides enough power to charge my I-touch, Garmin 62s, I-phone and run my 800 lumen Super nova Light. It takes the place of the Top cap on your bike the wire runs inside the fork and plugs into ANY hub. It will run at 6v at a speed of 10kmh so even on slight hills it still charges.

it is small light and it works great so far after 1 year NO issues at all.
http://h1987995.stratoserver.net/magento/supernova-the-plug-ii-plus-usb-dynamolader.html

First Prev Next Last (page 1 of 1) Page 1

Website Copyright © 2000-2014 by Neil Gunton Tue 21 Oct 2014 12:54 (US/Pacific) (0.211s)      Top    Link    Report    Terms of Service